Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday 21 April 2010

The God squad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8607964.stm

That article irritates me. No I don't give a flying crap what the moral values of any politician I elect are.
I elect them based on their parties bloody policies.
This is not America, the American government is riddled with so many gaping holes due to the religious right.
This isn't an attack on religion itself, just the fact that it has no place in politics.
Seperation of church and state.
Not all of Britain is Christian, Britain has an incredibly high number of atheists, Muslims and others.
So why should politics be ruled by some religion who feels they have to have a say in what government does.
If they don't want government interfering with them (see Equal Opportunities Act, they hate that), then stop interfering in government.
I want my government to improve the lifestyle of Britain, not turn into America where if you so much as mention you're an atheist you appear to be shunned if you're a politician.
Practice it, enjoy it, believe it but dear god please don't make our politics religious.
Contrary to popular Christian belief, not everyone likes being ruled over by a God.
I'm atheist and the sheer fact that I could possibly be denied something because someone else believes it goes against their 'god' angers me.
I have no god.
I like the fact that Britain can elect a government who does not have to publicly proclaim they are a Christian and that they go to Church.
That there is not a right side of our politics that bases most of it's opposition on religious beliefs.
Just my own opinion on it, religion isn't needed in politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment